SEA-ME-WE 5 QUICK FACTS
- RFS: 13th December 2016
- Technology utilized: 100Gbps DWDM
- Design capacity increased from 8Tbs 12.2Tbs per FP.
- Length of the cable: 20.000 km
- Multi regional
- 18 CLS
- 19 Consortium Member Companies
- SEA-ME-WE 5 was immediately loaded with heavy traffic after the system RFS.
- The first extension of the system was completed in March 2018.
SEA-ME-WE 5 NOW
- Delivery of the intermediate extension is going on.
- Tender in progress for the next system extension with industry leader vendors.
- The new up-grade will not only increase the used capacity but increase design capacity as well.
- By doing the second extension the design capacity expected to grow by minimum 30%, thanks to the latest technology SEA-ME-WE 5 will deploy.
ON-GOING TENDER UPGRADE (2018-2019)
- 200G/250G technology will be deployed in major segments
- More than 50% improvement in the design capacity (12Tb/s per FP or more)
- More than 50% cost savings per 100G comparing to the previous update
- Ready for future upgrades for design capacity boosting